In my article 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Yoga Studio, I indicated that I would start visiting yoga studios and post reviews. I have reviewed Urban Ashram. This time I was fortunate again to get a discounted 20-class card at Beyond Yoga. I have also earlier attended beginner’s class for the studio’s signature Antigravity Yoga.
Here’s my review based on the 5 factors I mentioned in my previous article:
- Location, location, location. The closest studio is the Bonifacio High Street (BHS) branch, some 30-45 minutes away from our house. Unfortunately, it’s not close enough my office, so I can only regularly visit during the weekends. Beyond Yoga also has other branches in Alabang and Quezon City. Greenhills and Rockwell branches are soon to open their doors.
- Class Schedule. Fortunately, the studio offers enough classes during the weekends. I attend the afternoonVinyasa sessions. I also tried their Yin Yoga and Power Yoga classes on rare occasions when I am able to visit the studio during weekdays.
- Classes Offered. The studio offers a variety of classes, from Ashtanga, Vinyasa, to Yin Yoga. The studio also offers workshops and teacher certification training. Recently, it started offering kids yoga. As its name indicates, the studio goes beyond yoga and also offers other classes like Zumba and Beyond Sculpt sessions. See here for the complete list. What attracted me most, however, is theAntigravity Yoga. It was great to try out something new, be curious and discover my body’s capabilities.
- Instructors. The instructors are certified and very friendly. They are great in giving instructions and offering interesting sequences.
- Rates. The rates are a little bit more pricey than other studios. I was fortunate to get a discounted 20-class card package which is very reasonable . The studio offers various options from drop-in to unlimited yoga. See here for rates.
Overall, I am having a great time Beyond Yoga. The classes provided me an opportunity to deepen my practice, explore the creative side of me, and have fun!